Co-Founder of GOP Doctor’s Caucus Urges CMS To Withdraw Reimbursement Cut
by admin | October 11, 2017 12:17 pm
October 11, 2017—The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services should “stand down and rescind its deleterious proposal” to slash what Medicare pays 340B hospitals for many of the most expensive medicines in use today, a co-founder of the U.S. House GOP Doctors Caucus says.
In a recent commentary in the Capitol Hill newspaper The Hill, former Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) writes that if he were still serving in the House, he would have teamed up with the bipartisan group of 228 members who signed a letter asking CMS Administrator Seema Verma to withdraw its proposal to cut Medicare Part B drug reimbursement to hospitals in the 340B drug discount program by nearly 30 percent. A bipartisan group of 57 senators sent Verma a similar letter the day after Gingrey’s article ran. CMS’s proposed cuts would cover expensive treatments for cancer, age-related macular degeneration, and rheumatoid arthritis, among other physician-administered drugs.
You must be registered to read complete articles (it's quick, easy, and 100% free). Click here to register.
Already registered? Click here to login. (340B Health members, Drug Discount Monitor subscribers, and 340B Coalition conference attendees: Use your existing username and password.)
- [Image]: https://340binformed.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/capitol-sunset.jpg
- In a recent commentary: http://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/354057-hhs-proposal-would-hurt-health-care-providers-and-their-most-vulnerable
- bipartisan group of 228 members: https://340binformed.org/2017/09/more-than-half-of-u-s-house-urges-cms-to-drop-340b-hospital-cuts/
- the 340B drug discount program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo1pvJPOfas&t=5s
- bipartisan group of 57 senators: http://www.340bhealth.org/files/2017.10.06_FY18_OPPS_Proposed_Rule_on_340B_FINAL_SIGNATURES.pdf
- Click here to register: https://secure.340bhealth.org/340Binformed/Subscribe.aspx
- Click here to login: https://340binformed.org/reader-login/
- [Image]: http://www.specificfeeds.com/widgets/emailSubscribeEncFeed/blVTZXlMWm96MEc0Rzl5MDhqaG5lS1ZYSVhkZlYwNURTb0RFWkZaZWhyL1FtU2U5Q3lUdi8wcWpSeFBhL251K21vVyt5cnVFclBjSU1wc3pTQ3NpcTMrcnJnM2NrRjBLeDY3M1dyU2dqNDIxNWhTVGhsdEkzdlVLMEJ5L2xHLzZ8emdHMHNrdjNhSWJDOWcvK29qaTFHNXBhaWtUcmE3eU9zTjlQdWRsTis3ST0=/OA==/
- : http://twitter.com/share
Source URL: https://340binformed.org/2017/10/co-founder-of-gop-doctors-caucus-urges-cms-to-withdraw-reimbursement-cut/