Drug Companies May Owe Medicaid $1.3 Billion in Unpaid Rebates
by admin | January 3, 2018 3:06 pm
January 3, 2018—Pharmaceutical companies may have misclassified 885 drugs for Medicaid drug rebate purposes in 2016, with the top 10 in terms of highest total reimbursement accounting for potentially $1.3 billion in lost Medicaid drug rebates, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports. Four drug manufacturers were responsible for more than half (54 percent) of the potential misclassifications and 90 percent of the claims involved only two drugs.
You must be registered to read complete articles (it's quick, easy, and 100% free). Click here to register.
Already registered? Click here to login. (340B Health members, Drug Discount Monitor subscribers, and 340B Coalition conference attendees: Use your existing username and password.)
- [Image]: https://340binformed.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/OIG-rebate-study.jpg
- Click here to register: https://secure.340bhealth.org/340Binformed/Subscribe.aspx
- Click here to login: https://340binformed.org/reader-login/
- [Image]: http://www.specificfeeds.com/widgets/emailSubscribeEncFeed/blVTZXlMWm96MEc0Rzl5MDhqaG5lS1ZYSVhkZlYwNURTb0RFWkZaZWhyL1FtU2U5Q3lUdi8wcWpSeFBhL251K21vVyt5cnVFclBjSU1wc3pTQ3NpcTMrcnJnM2NrRjBLeDY3M1dyU2dqNDIxNWhTVGhsdEkzdlVLMEJ5L2xHLzZ8emdHMHNrdjNhSWJDOWcvK29qaTFHNXBhaWtUcmE3eU9zTjlQdWRsTis3ST0=/OA==/
- : http://twitter.com/share
Source URL: https://340binformed.org/2018/01/drug-companies-may-owe-medicaid-1-3-billion-in-unpaid-rebates/